Distributors of Democracy abides by all state regulations regarding the sale of high-capacity magazines. We DO NOT ship high-capacity magazines with firearms to the states listed below. We WILL NOT replace high-capacity magazines with state-compliant magazines. We DO NOT offer refunds in place of the magazines.
It is the customer’s responsibility for understanding state laws regarding magazine capacities. Customers ordering magazines that are illegal to own in their state will have their orders canceled and will be charged a 5% restocking fee.
- California — No magazines greater than 10 rounds.
- Colorado — No magazines greater than 15 rounds, effective July 1st, 2013.
- Boulder — No magazines greater than 10 rounds.
- Connecticut — 10 Rounds and less with a valid permit.
- Hawaii — No magazines greater than 10 rounds.
- Illinois (North Chicago) — No magazines greater than 16 rounds.
- Aurora, Skokie, Chicago, Evanston — No magazines greater than 15 rounds.
- Highland Park, Cook County, Dolton, Homewood, Deerfield — No magazines greater than 10 rounds.
- Deerfield — No shotgun magazines over 5 rounds.
- Maryland — No magazines greater than 10 rounds October 1st, 2013.
- Massachusetts — No sales. PSA will not ship ANY items to the state of Massachusetts.
- New York — No magazines greater than 10 rounds.
- New Jersey — No magazines greater than 10 rounds.
- Vermont — No magazines over 10 rounds will be shipped as of April 13, 2018.
- Washington D.C. — No Sales. PSA will not ship ANY items to the District of Columbia.
DOD will not ship high-capacity magazines for CA customers to a High Capacity Magazine Dealer. Magazine Restriction Exceptions
- Law enforcement officers must provide both their credentials and a letterhead signed by their department’s superior officer stating that the magazine will either be used in the execution of the L.E.O.’s duties, or off duty. DOD only recognizes City Police Officers, County Sheriff Deputies, and State Police (including Highway Patrol) as L.E.O.’s.
- Some of the states listed above may not have L.E.O. exemptions. Please contact us BEFORE placing your order.
All Firearms sales are final. Please refer to the manufactures warranty. Any non firearm related products can be returned within 7 days of receipt as long as they are undamaged, unused and in original unopened packaging. All Returns/Exchanges will incur a 20% restocking fee